Day 9 : 100 Days
Sometimes you just need to indulge in a little salty sweet. Do it. Indulge. Then get back to the healthy.
Salted Caramel Recipe:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) salted butter, room temperature cut up into 6 pieces1
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat granulated sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly
- Sugar will melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Do not burn.
- Once sugar is melted, add the butter.
- Whisk the butter into the caramel until melted.
- Very slowly, drizzle in 1/2 cup of heavy cream while stirring.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. Allow to cool down before using.
Salt Cellar w/ wood spoon
Original details about this Kickstarter and the WHY behind it can be found HERE.
Want first dibs every morning @ 9am? Sign up by clicking the button below!